Lenovo has recently released an update for their laptops that seems to have caused some users to experience a black screen after updating. There have been some troubleshooting tips thrown around, but many people are still having trouble getting their laptops to start up. This blog post will explain the most common solutions and quick fixes that may help you get your laptop back up and running. So, if you’re experiencing a Lenovo black screen after update, read on for help!
Fixes for the Lenovo Black Screen After Update
- 1 Fixes for the Lenovo Black Screen After Update
- 2 Lenovo Black Screen After Update: Potential Causes
- 3 FAQs
- 4 Conclusion
Although it’s not common, there are cases where updates cause Lenovo Black Screen. If you’re unable to turn on your device or see anything on the screen, here are a few quick fixes that you can try:
METHOD 1: Restart your device
Try restarting your computer or laptop. If this works, there was a temporary software issue that caused your device to malfunction. Here is how you do it:
- Try pressing and holding the power button for a few seconds until the logo appears on the screen.
- Then, release the button and press it again.
- If the laptop still doesn’t start, you may need to do a hard reset.
METHOD 2: Clear all your cache
If you’re having trouble clearing your cache, try this method:
- Go to Settings > System Update (in Current Window 10).
- Then click on the “Update and Recovery” option.
- Click “Delete all cached data for Lenovo software.”
- If prompted to reboot or ask if you want a restart, select yes.
- While the computer is restarting completely, go into Settings > System Update again, then View Cached Data in Storage section.
- Make sure all boxes are unchecked.
- Click Save Changes in the top right, then Safe Boot your computer again and let your system startup normally.
METHOD 3: Disable USB debugging
USB debugging allows your device to be accessed over the internet. We can remove the possible sources for black screen errors that may root in this display mode by disabling it. In order to disable USB debugging, you need to:
- Open the Settings app on your Lenovo laptop.
- Next, go to System Updates and Security.
- Under the Update & Security section, click on USB Flash Drive Settings.
- On the next screen, under “Configure how USB debugging is used,” uncheck the box next to “Enable USB debugging.”
METHOD 4: Check if there is a basic device driver software problem with Lenovo software
If previous steps didn’t fix your laptop, you might want to update current drivers from the Lenovo website. – Follow the steps below for a graphics driver update in a Lenovo laptop:
- Open “Control Panel” on your computer.
- Double-click the “System and Security” icon.
- Under the “System” category, click “Driver Management.”
- Click on “Update Driver.”
- Select your laptop from the list and click on “Install.”
- Restart your computer to finish the process.
METHOD 5: Reset your device
If all methods above didn’t work for you, your machine might be having issues with some of its internal components. In this case, it is possible to reset the device bootloader, which will return it fully to factory settings and allow it to either be updated or repaired by manufacturers. Please follow these steps:
- Open “Monitor Settings” on the Lenovo laptop’s home screen;
- then click on “System > About.”
- Under the System version number section, click the “Reset” button.
- Confirm your action by tapping on the Reset System task Button.
- Verify that your system is fully re-configured by tapping on Settings > About again.
Lenovo Black Screen After Update: Potential Causes
Possible Reasons for Lenovo Laptop Black Screen are:
1- Hardware Errors Like Disk health Error or Graphical Card Error
If your laptop is experiencing graphical errors or system freezes, there is likely a problem with the hardware components. In most cases, this means that you will need to replace the affected component.
2- Windows OS Gets Abnormal
If your laptop screen goes black after an update, it could be because of a problem with the Windows key operating system. If you experience this issue, you may need to restore your device to its original factory settings. This will reset all of the software errors and data on the machine, so it’s important that you have a copy of all your files before proceeding.
3- Faulty Laptop Battery
If your laptop screen blackouts immediately after you power it on by power source, there is a good chance that the battery is not working properly. In cases like this, it may be necessary to replace the faulty battery.
4- Faulty Laptop Display
A display problem may be responsible for the screen blackout if a blank screen errors occurs after updating laptop firmware. If this is the case, you will need to check if there’s any dust or debris on your laptop screen display screen which causes it to malfunction and turn dark.
5- Device Overheating Continually
If laptop screen blackouts regularly, there is a good chance that it’s overheating. In order to fix this problem, you will need to perform some simple actions like making sure the laptop battery power and cooling system are working properly by restarting the device (press the power button for 15 seconds or more)
6- Issues with Power Supply
If laptop witnesses screen blackouts after a software update, this could indicate that there is an issue with the power cable supply. In order to fix this problem, you will need to replace or repair your laptop power display adapter and battery pack by using replacement parts.
What is the problem with my Lenovo black screen after the update?
There may be a solution if you’re experiencing problems with your Lenovo laptop screen after the latest update. Many users have found that the screen issues have been resolved by uninstalling the Lenovo Update and rebooting their laptops. This is a temporary fix, and if the problem persists, you may need to take your laptop to a service center for advanced repair options if the above-given solutions don’t work.
How do I restore my Lenovo laptop to factory settings?
If you’re having trouble with your Lenovo laptop, restoring it to factory settings may just be the solution you’re looking for. This process deletes all of your data and restores your laptop to its original state, which can solve many issues. To restore your laptop to factory settings, follow the steps mentioned above to restore.
My laptop is not starting. What should I do?
If your laptop is not starting, there are a few things that you can do to try and diagnose the issue. First, try turning it off and on again to see if that helps. If the faulty display issue persists, you can try to reinstall the operating system or update the firmware.
After reading this blog, if you are facing the same issue with the Lenovo laptop, you will know the possible fixes and what to do in case of a black screen error. We hope this post helps, and keep visiting our website for more helpful information.